Easter lilies are very popular for decorating and gift giving at Easter Time. This year Easter is Sunday March 27, 2016. The Easter lily is a lovely scented white lily that grows from bulbs. It is native to Japan, and has become very popular with growers in Canada and the USA. About 12 million Easter lily bulbs are produced and shipped throughout the nation yearly.
Care Instructions for Easter Lilies:
- Keep lilies away from drying heat sources and drafts that can be generated from appliances and heating ducts.
- The best temperature range for daytime would be 65 to 75 degrees F.
- Lilies need bright indirect light.
- Do not over water the plant; water the plant only when the soil feels dry to the touch.
- Remove the yellow anthers that are found in the center of the bloom to extend the life of the flowers.
- To extend the life of the flowers, remove the yellow anthers found in the center of each bloom.